Aggressive Criminal Defense Lawyer
With 20 years of experience representing clients in misdemeanor and felony criminal cases, defense attorney Dean Galigani has helped hundreds of clients achieve a brighter future. He has extensive experience litigating criminal cases, including 1st degree murder, domestic violence, DUI, theft, and a variety of other felony and misdemeanor cases. Dean Galigani represents clients throughout Alachua County, Marion County, Columbia County and the surrounding communities.
As a criminal defense lawyer, Dean Galigani takes pride in his work, giving each client his utmost attention, regardless of the severity of the charges that they face. Dean Galigani has also been a three time finalist for county and circuit court judge since 2010.
When he isn't vigorously defending clients in work, Dean Galigani devotes his free time to biking, cinema, and spending time with the dogs.
- 2004-present Owner, Managing Member, Galigani Law Firm (f/k/a Galigani Robertson Law Firm 2006-2011), Gainesville, FL
- 1990-2004 Division Chief and Assistant Public Defender, 8th Judicial Circuit Public Defender’s Office, Gainesville, FL
- J.D., University of Florida Law School - 1990
- B.A., University of Florida - 1985
- State Bar of Florida, 1990
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (FACDL)
- Elected President in 2012 of the Eighth Judicial Circuit Chapter of FACDL
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL)
- Eighth Judicial Circuit Bar Association (EJCBA)
- Joint Comparative Law CLE: The London Symposium, Comparative Criminal Law Panel, May 22, 2012
- "Six Candidates Remain for Judicial Vacancy" (2012), Voyles, K.
- "List Down to 14 for Alachua County's Next Judge" Gainesville Sun (2012), Voyles, K.
- "Four Finalists Named in Search for a New Judge" Gainesville Sun (2011), Voyles, K.
- "Names for Judge Seats Go to Crist" Gainesville Sun (2010), Voyles, K.
- "Alachua County Judicial Applicant Pool is Narrowed" Gainesville Sun (2010), Voyles, K.
- "Six Finalists for Vacant Alachua Co. Judge Positions Sent to Governor" Gainesville Sun (2010), Voyles, K
- "Interviews are Set for 15 Candidates Vying for Two Open County Judge Seats" Gainesville Sun (2010), Voyles, K
- "Continuance in Carl Johnson Case" Gainesville Sun (2009), Andreu, R.
- "Around the Region" Gainesville Sun (2005)
- "For Public Defender" Gainesville Sun (2004)